Last year I did this, and it brought some much needed joy to my xmas. Although I do not have much, I am spending xmas alone for the first time ever, and thats stings. This is an amazing thing to do over Christmas and I thought I'd participate again this year to make it feel more like christmas for me.
How to make the list is easy:
CHRISTMAS WISHES!Step 1Make a post in your dA journal (the manual INCLUDED - I wont grant any wishes, if I see no manual). The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.If you wish for real-life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
Step 2Surf around your friends list (or friends friends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
1) Socks. I swear that mine are getting eaten.
2) Artwork of any of my characters. There is nothing greater then getting artwork from people. Traditional or digital is amazing. (If its traditional, I'll even pay for shipping if you're willing to send it)
3) Studio Ghibli DVD's. (you're welcome to ask me which ones I already have)
4) Diaries, sketchbooks, notebooks- anything along these lines. I get through so many notebooks its almost idiotic how much I need them.
5) Anything that includes love. Hand written letters, something hand made, even a story or skype call would be amazing. (I am slightly deaf so if you choose skype call, forgive me, but you may have to repeat a bit. xD )
6) TEA! I have a gorgeous tea pot and tea cup with butterflies on it so I've been trying out different teas. I'll try anything.
7) Jewellery. I'm not talking about gold or diamonds here. I mean things like beaded jewellery, or clay. (I have a few pieces of gaming jewellery, and some beautiful sparkly glass jewellery) Anything that is pretty or has butterflies or is made with love or based off of something from a game, I will love with all of my heart.
8) Butterflies. I love butterflies. Anything with butterflies I will treasure forever.
9) I like romance stuff. *blush* anything romancy will make me happy. Books (I have a kindle), anime or something it awesome.
10) Amazon or Google Play credit
You're welcome to contact me via dA notes or comments or any other way that is written on my main page. Notes or skype is probably best
Take care little elves and have an amazing christmas.